StudioCanal Theatrical Campaigns
Unorthodox, beautifully designed printed collateral to promote some of the UK’s biggest film releases.
- Film company StudioCanal and their partners elevenfiftyfive asked us to create innovative, unconventional publicity materials as part of multi-faceted marketing campaigns to promote three of their films: Legend, A Bigger Splash and High-Rise.
- Drawing on our experience creating art celebrating film, we designed a diverse selection of tactile printed collateral.
- This included beautifully designed fold out maps and guides, complete with fun and informative editorial giving readers information about key locations and background to the film.
- Our design and colour palettes drew inspiration from the visual motifs and aesthetic tropes of the films, creating printed material that complimented the product.
- A total of 65,000 maps and fold-outs were produced, with multiple print runs required to cater to increased demand.
- The printed materials were distributed around the UK at cinemas, cultural hubs and events hosted by StudioCanal and elevenfiftyfive.
- Legend was the highest grossing British independent film of 2015, and had the biggest ever opening for a British film with an 18 certificate.