Royal Museums Greenwich Website Design
Four museums, one remarkable digital destination. We designed an immersive new website for Greenwich's most prestigious attractions.
"Thank you for all the hard work you put into the design – it was a really difficult brief to give us something striking and unique that also successfully communicates our complicated visitor proposition – so well done, the site looks fantastic. It was a pleasure to work with you guys."
- Royal Museums Greenwich is four must-see London museums in one beautiful location: Royal Observatory, the Cutty Sark, National Maritime Museum and the Queen’s House.
- Yet RMG wanted to achieve the same iconic status as a digital destination. Its website needed a complete transformation.
- This new website needed to drive visitors and revenue, support RMG’s mission, increase online engagement and create a user experience that stood out.
- We began at the beginning: what does RMG really stand for? Answer: time, seas, ships and space… and how they affect us all.
- We designed RMG’s website as an immersive experience that delivers both the brand’s content and its mission: inspire and enable visitors to explore the remarkable forces that shape our lives.
- Based on competitor analysis and in-depth UX workshops with the RMG team, we ensured that every page served both business objectives and the needs of its various audience groups.
- We created an immersive new experience - compelling visual impact, decluttered content - that offers four different properties across one brand architecture. And works seamlessly on desktop and mobile.
- We provided guidance on how to organise and display the content online, delivering RMG’s rich offering in a way that’s easy and compelling to explore.
- We delivered a set of 12 wireframes and an overall look-and-feel with fully designed pages and a GUI sheet for our partners to build the site.
- Immediately following the launch of the new RMG website on 17 November 2015, there was a huge increase in page views to all four venues.
- Check it out at rmg.co.uk!