Jameson Jameson First Shot
Producing a premium lookbook to help launch the Jameson First Shot 2017 competition: a short film contest in which Dana Brunetti and Dominic West give young filmmakers the chance of a lifetime.
- Jameson First Shot offers young filmmakers the opportunity to direct their own seven-page script, mentored by acclaimed producer Dana Brunetti and with award-winning actor Dominic West in the lead role.
- For the third year running, Jameson tasked us with producing an effortlessly elegant publication to help launch the First Shot competition.
- Jameson were keen to preserve the spirit of previous successful booklets, but also to produce a 2017 edition with enough character to stand on its own.
- As always, the publication needed to have a considered, bespoke feel so that it would look at home in the hands of top-tier tinseltown talent.
- We designed, wrote and edited a pristine lookbook that showcased the Jameson First Shot competition and articulated the motivations behind the contest.
- Bolstered by rich material gleaned from exclusive interviews with Dana Brunetti and Dominic West, our editorial helped shed light on the underlying passions fuelling the project.
- The design adhered to the precise brand guidelines we had previously developed for Jameson, and which had been instrumental in the success of former publications.
- The 2017 version retained the design flourishes that marked the lookbooks as high-quality publications — including high-end paper stock and an elegant foiling — though we changed the layout to a landscape format to give this particular booklet a style of its own.
- The lookbook became a showcase piece at numerous First Shot events, helping to introduce Hollywood heavyweights, A-list actors and international partners alike to the concept behind the competition.
- The 2017 First Shot lookbooks were handed out at film festivals around the world, from Cannes to London, via Derby and Birmingham.