Greedy Khao Brand Identity
Cheeky, modern branding for London’s seasonal Thai food startup.
"We initially approached HAA because the vibrant, contemporary, lively feel of their online portfolio really resonated with us, in terms of our vision for Greedy Khao. We're pleased to report that HAA have exceeded all expectations, combining professionalism, enthusiasm, engagement and world-class design in helping us build our brand."
- Greedy Khao is a London-based Thai food startup that specialises in blending the flavours and techniques of Thai cooking, with fresh, local, organic, seasonal produce.
- They asked us to develop a strong brand identity and logo, which would appear on their cups and bowls, as well as their market stall and signage.
- The branding needed to reflect Greedy Khao’s personality: vibrant, progressive, metropolitan, fun, cheeky and modern.
- The logo needed to swerve wide of any stereotypical Thai imagery. No conical hats, chopsticks, twee ‘rural’ scenes, oriental fonts, elephants or tuk tuks…
- We researched typography, graphics, shapes and colours that are common to Bangkok and Thailand, looking for authenticity, inspiration and well-worn cliches to be dodged or twisted.
- From these visual references, we built three creative routes - Thai Patterns, Thai Characters, Classic Thai - for Greedy Khao to choose from.
- Greedy Khao picked ‘Thai Characters’ and, for the logo, we sketched three different versions of a playful illustrated cow, drawing upon vibrant Eastern-style characterisations.
- Around this logo, we developed a strong visual identity that drew its energy from the the bold neons and distinctive colours of Thailand.
- Greedy Khao’s new brand was launched in October 2016.